Tuesday 7 July 2015

Peach and Teal Shaped Card (Aurora Wings image)

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a new card to show today and this time I have used a lovely image from Aurora Wings. I coloured her with copics and then used one of my peach copic markers to create a mottled effect behind the image. It was very easy to do, I scribbled lightly with it and then dotted the marker all over it being careful not to outline the image so it didn't look like I had gone around it.

I used some of my gorgeous Spellbinder dies that I don't often use but I really should use more often. 




I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Aurora Wings - Sprite delight II
Catch the Bug - Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart -  Anything goes
Creative Inspirations - Anything goes or sketch
Loves Rubberstamps - Anything goes 
Not Just Cards -  Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - We're going dotty (I dotted around the image for the mottled look)
Southern Girls - Colour inspiration - peach, mint, white
Sparkles - Vintage or Shabby chic
Stempelsonne (Stamp Sun) -  Anything goes 

Thank you so much for dropping by and extra special thanks to my lovely followers and visitors that leave some beautiful comments for me, they warm my heart.


XOX Lucy

18 comments:

  1. Super cute image. Awesome colouring. Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp - Going Dotty Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shaped card and cute image you created a good result with the marker round the image and love all the texture and embellishments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great layers.
    Thank you for joining us at the Stempelsonnenchallenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Lucy, love the shape and the lovely colours, fabulous!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and I love your image!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Lovely card and colored beautiful ! Thanks for showing us your card and good luck in the draw. I hope you'll join us again next time,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Stempelsonne Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous colors and fabulous design, Lucy. Love all of your beautiful details. Thank you so much for joining our "Sprite Delight II" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Lucy just popping back to say thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, you framed this sprite perfectly...the single layer of patterened paper really showcases the image. A well designed card! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hope you'll join us for more of our weekly challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, I just adore Aurora Wings sprites! Thanks for joining us for the colour challenge at Southern Girls x

    Lauren DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love the colors! Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “Stella Says Sketch” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new sketch and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really gorgeous, Lucy! The teal on the sprite really pops against the soft peach. All the embellishments keep my eye moving throughout your work. What a great card!! Thank you for joining the Sprite Delight II challenge at Aurora Wings!

    Mitzi xxx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab colour choices! ;) Thanks so much Lucy for playing along with the Southern Girls for our 'Classy Colour Combo' challenge. We hope you'll play along again soon. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I love the colors and the dies you used, this image pops right off the card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on making the 'Top 5' at Southern Girls Lucy! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Lucy! Love this image and your coloring is fabulous. What dies did you use for this card and is it a folded shaped card? I was wondering how you do that? My email is purpleglocreations (at) socal (dot) rr (dot) com. Have you joined my Blog celebration yet? It ends on Oct 31st; so join today if you haven't already. Lots of awesome prizes. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com/2015/07/celebrate-600-followers-and-3-yrs-with.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy